Remember Krebs's 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
1. If you didn't go looking for it, don't install it!
2. If you installed it, update it.
3. If you no longer need it, Remove it.
Remove third party applications (apps) you installed:
1. that no longer work (ex: Adobe Flash Player). BTW there
is a Flash uninstaller on your PC or Mac.
2. that you no longer use
3. that are a security risk -- such as software that allows
others to get onto your computer. Get rid of it.
Uninstall or Remove apps and programs in Windows 10
Delete or disable apps on Android
How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
How to delete apps on your Mac (see better ways below)
AppCleaner (for Mac)
AppCleaner is a small application which allows you to
thoroughly uninstall unwanted apps. Installing an
application distributes many files throughout your System
using space of your Hard Drive unnecessarily. AppCleaner
finds all these small files and safely deletes them.
CleanMyMac X (not free, but excellent) also thoroughly
uninstalls unwanted apps.